There are certain actions that we often repeat on our hair without realization that they have bad influence on hair condition. For example strong rubbing wet hair with a towel, on order to dry it quicker. This method tangles hair and weakens it. And in case of weak hair, it may break it.
Below there are several frequently made care and styling mistakes along with some advice on altering them.
1.PARTING IN THE SAME PLACE ALL THE TIME
– when you do the parting always in the same place, hair looses its elasticity and becomes flat.
ADVICE: from time to time do the parting in different place, e.g. 2 cm further, or use a zigzag line.
2. COLORIZATION AND PERM AND THE SAME TIME
– double intrusion into the hair will result in damaging it.
ADVICE: do the perm first, then, after about 2 weeks, dye hair. In the meantime, nourish hair with masks.
3. EXCESS OF SHAMPOO
– too much shampoo will be hard to wash off thoroughly. The remains will make hair less glossy.
ADVICE: doze shampoo on your hand first, then rub it into your hair. It is better to add some shampoo than overdose it.
4. COMBING WET HAIR
– pulling wet hair with a comb leads to damage to hair’s outer layer.
ADVICE: comb wet hair with a wide tooth comb only. Do it gently.
5. TOO MANY HAIR CARE PRODUCTS
– too many conditioners, balsams, then gels, liquids, foams and hair sprays. When we exaggerate with the amount at once, hair becomes sticky and hard to style.
ADVICE: the remains of the preparations can be removed using shampoo with peeling. Use no more than three styling products: foam, wax/gum and spray.
6. TOO MUCH FOAM
– too much of it weighs hair down, due to which it looses elasticity.
ADVICE: to arrange a hairdo properly and give it downiness, a tangerine-sized amount of foam will be enough.
7. STRONG RUBBING WITH A TOWEL
– wet hair is very prone to damage. Rubbing it with a towel we damage and break it.
ADVICE: after hair has been washed, we squeeze it gently in the towel and wrap it into a turban.
8. HOT AIR OF A HAIR DRYER
– temperature too high will damage hair, dry it out and make it break.
ADVICE: hold the hair dryer 20 cm from your hair. Change the air stream often. Heat protection liquids for hair are recommended.
9. TOO MUCH WAX FOR THIN HAIR
– wax in case of thin hair will weigh it down too much. Hair will loose its elasticity and become heavy; it will also get greasy quickly.
ADVICE: for thin hair instead of wax use hair fixer sprays. They will add some downiness and they don’t weigh hair down.
10. BRIGHTENER KEPT TOO SHORT
– if the brightener works too short, red pigments within a hair may turn into an orange-yellow shade.
ADVICE: while bleaching hair the duration of action should be complied with. Sometimes the procedure must be extended for 10-15 minutes. It depends on the hair type.